HELP SHAPE YOUR COMMUNITY…
GET INVOLVED IN THE CHAMBER!
GET INVOLVED IN THE CHAMBER!
Tree Lighting – November 27th
Click here to watch
INFORMATION REGARDING Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Mask and face covering requirements:
As of May 19, 2021, Connecticut’s protocols regarding masks and face coverings were updated to align with the recently modified CDC recommendations. The protocols that are currently in effect statewide are as follows:
- Masks not required
- Vaccinated not required to wear masks
- Unvaccinated must wear masks
- Masks are required to be worn by everyone in certain settings such as healthcare facilities, facilities housing vulnerable populations, public and private transit, correctional facilities, schools, and childcare
- Businesses and state and local government offices have the option to require masks to be worn by everyone in their establishments
Small Business Reopening Resource Guide
The Small Business Reopening Resource Guide is available online and includes valuable information about the following topics:
• Financial Needs – Comprehensive list of state and federal financing resources and advisory partners
• Employee Training & Support – General and industry-specific guidance about who should be trained and what training they need
• Physical Layout – Suggestions for maintaining operations while applying new social distancing standards
• List of Suppliers – Detailed list of suppliers to secure masks, face shields, gloves, cleaning supplies and other resources
The guide, which will also be available in Spanish in the next day or two, provides a starting point for businesses and will be updated as new information and guidance becomes available.
SBA Disaster Loan Assistance, https://covid19relief.sba.gov/
The Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act, click here for pdf, the-small-business-owners-guide-to-the-cares-act-003
CBIA Coronavirus Employer’s Guide and a review of the SBA Disaster Relief Program
Town of New Milford
Businesses seeking financial assistance, http://www.newmilford.org/qcontent/NewsFeed.aspx?FeedID=2547
Like the Mayor’s facebook page to keep up with the latest info concerning the coronavirus, https://www.facebook.com/NewMilfordMayorPeteBass/
The COVID-19 page has a lot of information. Key on this page is the FAQs page which has information on the community hotline set up by Nuvance.
Danbury Hospital is serving as the place where drive thru testing takes place and specimens are collected.
Additional links to help keep you informed.
• Governor Lamont is telling Connecticut residents to “Stay Safe, Stay Home.” All non-essential workers statewide are being directed to work from home, effective Monday, March 23 at 8:00 p.m.
• For the latest information, resources, executive orders, and guidance related to coronavirus (COVID-19), visit ct.gov/coronavirus
CT Recovery Bridge Loan Program – eligibility and application information
• Here is a list of resources for food, kids lunches, daycare issues etc. Unfortunately, COVID-19 is quickly moving some of our friends and neighbors from ‘doing fine’ to ‘help is needed’.
Your One Stop for Doing Business in CT
With the Office of the Secretary of the State’s business division fully integrated into Business.CT.gov, Connecticut business owners now have a seamless end-to-end experience from how to start a business, registering that business, and managing all of their critical compliance needs:
- Business owners can now sign up for one CT.gov account and handle all of their business filings online, hassle-free. This includes business registration, business lookups, filing annual reports, making business amendments, and filing liens.
- New business owners can register their business and have instant access to a full suite of valuable business and filing services right in CT.gov account dashboard.
- All business owners can now track their filings, payments, and get alerts and notifications so they can stay compliant with the state – all at their fingertips in one easy-to-use account.
- If a business owner wants to find things like when an annual report is due, they can now do that right inside the chatbot. Enter a business in the chatbot and get information specific to the business in seconds.
- Businesses can now file and track every kind of UCC lien online, with no paperwork required.
Audio Recordings & E-books
November 27, 2021 Tree Lighting https://www.facebook.com/events/278362927560964/
Chamber Member Meeting with New Milford Town Officials
Lunch & Learn Seminar “Relaunching Your Business” (Zoom meeting). Click here to get 12 Page e-book How to Successfully Relaunch your Business.
Save the Date – Upcoming Chamber Events
December 15th – Business Scene
March 19, 2022 – Gala
May 1, 2022 – Scholarship Application Deadline
For a list of upcoming Chamber and community events, please visit the Calendar of Events page at http://newmilford-chamber.com/events/.
See below for more.