Welcome to the Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce
29th Annual Hands On Train Display
December 23rd through 31st 2016 (closed Christmas Day)
The Railroad Station
11 Railroad Street
New Milford, CT 06776
Come to the historic New Milford Railroad Station and enjoy the “29th Annual Hands On Train Display” during the holiday season. This yearly event is sponsored by the Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce.
· The trains will be on display December 23rd through 31st.
- 12 pm to 6 pm December 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
- 12 pm to 4 pm December 24
- Closed December 25
· Free and open to the public.
Frederick J. Wynne Scholarship
The Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce is proudly announcing that it will be awarding the Frederick J. Wynne Scholarship in the amount of $1,000, to a 2017 graduating high school senior.
To be eligible for the scholarship:
- Chamber Connection – the applicant must have a parent or guardian who works for a business that is a member in good standing of the Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce or the applicant themselves may be employed by a business who is a member of the Chamber.
- Community Service – the applicant must submit how he/she has served the community; this includes volunteering for the Chamber and overall community service.
- School Involvement – the applicant must submit their involvement in the school community; this includes achievements, extra-curricular activities, and other notable awards received.
Applications are due in the Chamber office by May 1, 2017. The recipient will be notified in early June and the scholarship will be awarded at Village Fair Days on Saturday, July 29th.
Call or email the Chamber office at 860-354-6080 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
About the Chamber…..
The Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce was incorporated as a Chamber on March 27th 1931, the GNMCC serves as a united voice of the business people in our community. We endeavor to advance the commercial, industrial, and civic interests of the Greater New Milford area.
The GNMCC is a medium for area business people to network, share information and ideas and collaborate on issues affecting the business community and general well being of the regional area. Through the monthly activities and events offered, area business people are afforded the opportunity to come together in both business and social settings. The GNMCC also serves as the organizational mechanism in bringing together private business and resources to assist the locale, provides a portfolio of services to assist member companies in growing their respective businesses, and offers assistance to firms inquiring about the area.
However, business growth is not the sole purpose of the Chamber. The GNMCC is a catalyst for positive and progressive growth and continuous improvement in the lifestyles of the people in its hometowns. It is also a marketer of the communities it serves by sponsoring festive and cultural events such as its annual Village Fair Days and Hands On Train Display, among other community activities.
Our membership consists of business people from all facets of the community, including retailers, manufacturers, service organizations, and professionals.